Standing seam metal roofing is a great, green, and beautiful alternative to asphalt shingles. It’s made up of interlocking panels of sheet metal that give your roof a unique look and the durability to protect your home.
Benefits of a Metal Roof
Standing seam metal roofs provide many perks to homeowners and business owners looking to get a long lasting, low maintenance alternative for their roof.
Energy Efficiency and Sustainability
- Metal roofs that are light in color or painted a light color reflect the sun. This helps keep your attic and rooms that are tucked under the roof cooler.
- Most metal roofs are made out of recycled materials. When they are ready to be replaced, they can be recycled themselves.
- Because of the roof’s smooth surface, rainwater harvesters will need less filtering to be able to use their water. Water from asphalt roofs may leave behind extra particles and chemicals.
Metal panels repel water, so they won’t get waterlogged or rot. They don’t need to be cleaned since most debris will wash off in the rain. They will also shed ice and snow in the winter.
Metal panels are more resistant against the elements than shingles. They can help protect your roof from falling embers from a chimney and are tougher than asphalt shingles during inclement weather.
While asphalt shingles need regular maintenance and must be replaced every 15-20 years, metal roofs can last a lifetime.
You could qualify for UL 2218 discounts through your homeowners insurance. Some insurance providers offer discounts because metal panels can protect against hail and fire.
How panels are made and installed
Our Metal Panel Process
We use our panel former to press a metal coil into panels. Panels can have striations, ridges, or can be flat depending on the desired style. Striations are used to help prevent oil canning, when there is a slight waviness in the flat metal.
Our Installation Process
Panel clips are placed along the seam of the panel and are screwed down to the decking. The next panel is placed with its seam going over the seam of the first panel interlocking them. The seams are then mechanically sealed together to lock in the clip and hold the panels together. Panels are placed lengthwise down the roof, decreasing the number of seams and places where moisture could enter.Get your customized standing seam metal roof today! Contact us for more details.
- Standing seam metal roofing is a great, green, and beautiful alternative to asphalt shingles. It’s made up of interlocking panels of sheet metal that give your roof a unique look and the durability to protect your home.
- Benefits of a Metal Roof
- Energy Efficiency and Sustainability
- Low Maintenance
- Long Lasting
- Insurance Discounts
- How panels are made and installed
- Our Metal Panel Process
- Our Installation Process