Metal Roof Installation in Austin Since 1970
As a home or property owner, you may like the idea of metal roofing but know very little about it. Once you educate yourself on the benefits of a metal roof, you will likely decide it is the best value for your property, whether you are starting a new building or doing some remodeling. Ja-Mar Roofing & Sheet Metal offers metal roof construction, maintenance, and metal roof repair that will keep your home dry, safe and secure. We’ve worked in Austin and its surrounding communities for over 50 years. If you’re looking for a metal roof for your home or business, Ja-Mar Roofing is the Austin metal roofing experts.
Metal Roof Construction
Whether you’re replacing an older roofing surface or building a new home or commercial space, Ja-Mar Roofing & Sheet Metal has the metal roof to suit your needs. All of the benefits of metal roofing apply to residential and commercial construction alike. Ja-Mar Roofing has decades of experience providing metal roofing to Houston residents and business owners, and are the trusted experts for metal roof construction throughout Texas. All of our work is insured, and roofers are hand-picked to represent the best quality of service and construction possible.
Benefits of Metal Roofs
In Austin specifically, metal roofing is sought after because of the durability and heat resistance it provides. Metal roofs reflect a great deal of sunlight, keeping cooling costs down during Austin summers. Plus, their construction minimizes water damage during heavy storms, making them perfect for the rainy season as well. Metal roof construction is very durable. Depending on what type of metal you use, the roof can sustain harsh storms and gusts of winds that are up to 140 miles per hour. Some metal roofs are quite impact-resistant and don’t corrode or split like other roofing materials. Roofs made of metal are also safer than other types, featuring high fire-resistance.
Here’s what a customizable metal roofing surface can do for your home:
- A long-lasting seal to guard your house against rain, snow and high winds
- Resistance to fire, mildew, insects, and rot
- A 20- to 50-year warranty for the roof
- Paint warranties that last up to 30 years
- Lightweight material with a lower shipping cost than other types of roofs
- A wide variety of colors, patterns, designs, and materials, including aluminum, steel, galvanized steel, and stainless steel
- Better insulation in winter than an asphalt roof
- Reflection of radiant heat from the sun in fall, spring and summer. This saves you money on air conditioning.
- Up to 95-percent recycled content
- Styles that include flat seam metal roofing, metal shake roofing, ornamental metal roofing, and standing seam metal roofing
In addition, a metal roof can sometimes be constructed over an existing roof. This can prevent the need for a costly and time-consuming tear-off. Contact the experts at Ja-Mar Roofing to determine if this solution will work for your project.
Comparison of Asphalt Shingles to Metal Roofing
Benefits of Standing Seam Metal Roofing
- Can usually be installed over an existing shingle roof offering savings due to lack of tear-off
- Using furring strips over a shingle roof can create additional ventilation and further deaden sound
- with proper care, a metal roof can last up to 60 years
- Long warranty
- 35-year paint finish warranty
- Extreme Weather Performance
- Class 4 Hail Impact Resistance
- UL 90 Wind Uplift Rating
- Class A Fire Rating – for areas prone to wildfires etc.
- Environmentally Friendly
- 33 Energy Star rated colors
- Most colors are 2009 LEED compliant
- Recycled content of the substrate
- Reflects heat and keeps the house cooler in summer
- Resale Value
- Remodeling Magazine reported that homes renovated with standing seam metal roofs nationally increased in value by more than $14,000
Drawbacks to Using Asphalt Shingles
- Can be boring
- Builders select basic single color products with a dull look
- Susceptible to severe Weather
- Does not hold up to hail
- Without adequate sunlight, vulnerable to moss,
mildew and algae
- Longevity Questions
- Performance closely tied to a well-ventilated deck and homeowner maintenance
- Typical lifespan is 10 – 15 years
- Basic shingles weigh over 200# per square (100 sq ft)
- Nascent Recycling
- Shingle waste makes up 8% of total building waste stream
- Shingle waste exceeds 11 million tons per year
Requirements of Metal Roofs
- If our roofers do a tear-off, we will need to repair and/or replace all rotted wood
- No installation of standing seam metal roofs over asphalt shingles
- A slope of 3:12 or more on residential structures; 2:12 or more on commercial structures
Types of Metal Roofs
Our goal is to create a customized, affordable and energy-efficient metal roof for you. We offer a number of different types of metal roofs. These include:
Flat Seam Metal Roofing
Flat seam metal panels are the most standard, least ornamental, and most affordable option for metal roofing. When you need the protection of a metal roof on a budget, opt for a standard, flat seam metal roof.
Ornamental Metal Roofing
Our ornamental roofing provides all of the benefits of metal roofing with characteristic designs that are sure to make your roof stand out in your neighborhood.
We work with the sheet metal experts at Coppercraft to offer you decorative options for your metal roof.
Metal Shake Roofing
Metal shakes are roof tiles that mimic the texture and look of wood but offer the protection and resilience of metal. We work with the following vendors to provide resilient, beautiful metal roof tiles:
We are the authorized dealer for Classic Metal Roofing Systems in Central Texas.
Standing Seam Metal Roofs
Standing seam metal roofing is roofing that uses striations, or ridges, to prevent problems related to overly large sheets of metal. Seams that stand give each metal panel increased rigidity across the entire roof. Standing seam metal roofing raise the weak points in a roof above the level of the roofing panel
We use Sheffield Metals for our standing seam metal panels.
Sheffield Metals uses the COOLR® family of sustainable, energy-efficient roof products that come in a large variety of colors. They offer metal in multiple gauges for different strength needs.
Ja-Mar Roofing Metal Roof Certifications
In an effort to provide you the best metal roofing construction possible, we strive as a company to gain knowledge and expertise in the field. We believe our certifications back up our experience in metal roof construction and maintenance.
Call our office at 512-441-8437 to talk about custom fabrication, metal roofing for historic buildings and deadlines for apartment complexes and college residences. We’re here to listen to your needs and work together to build the best metal roof for you.
Advantages of Metal Roofing
Weatherproof – Sheet metal is non-porous, so it won’t absorb water or transfer it to the structure of your house. Rain, snow, hail, and intense heat are no match for the toughness of metal.
Resilient – Sheet metal is light enough not to weigh down your house but heavy enough to stand up to high winds and rain. Standard or reinforced metal roofing can also protect against debris in tough storms.
Beautiful – Metal roofing gives your home a unique look that will make it stand out among the other roofs in your neighborhood. It shines during the day and reflects the lights and colors of the night.
See examples of our Sheet Metal Roofing Fabrication
Contact Us or call today at 512-441-8437 to learn about all of the metal roof options we have available!
- Metal Roof Installation in Austin Since 1970
- Metal Roof Construction
- Benefits of Metal Roofs
- Comparison of Asphalt Shingles to Metal Roofing
- Benefits of Standing Seam Metal Roofing
- Drawbacks to Using Asphalt Shingles
- Requirements of Metal Roofs
- Types of Metal Roofs
- Flat Seam Metal Roofing
- Ornamental Metal Roofing
- Metal Shake Roofing
- Standing Seam Metal Roofs
- Ja-Mar Roofing Metal Roof Certifications
- Advantages of Metal Roofing
- See examples of our Sheet Metal Roofing Fabrication